While Sooba is a powerful fighter, it is unclear whether or not Sooba has sentience or higher intelligence, but she clearly understands verbal orders. Ironically, Sooba has a strong liking for Richard. She has also served as a mount for Richard in at least one comic. Richard has apparently reciprocated in this regard, even cleaning up after the feline. Cale'anon has been unaware of Sooba being female for majority of the comic series, and has been shown to get angry outbursts when referred to as a boy. On the other hand, Sooba was also not aware that Cale is in fact male, before Richard told her.
When Cale'anon eventually had found his way to the Nestorep tavern, fighting by Richard and Benn'joon's side, against Temmet Aelloon of the King's Legion, he called for Sooba to aid him. The panther companion broke through the window and landed by his side, but then jumped on the elf instead of helping him in battle. They only won and successfully escaped because of Richard using his magic to turn Aelloon's men into mindless skeleton servants of his. Sooba followed them into the nearby forest, where they were found by and imprisoned in the claws of a Dragon of the Legion. However, Krunch came to their rescue, tackling the dragon and freeing Benn'joon's new friends. They fled the other dragons running toward the nearby mountain - Richard surprisingly riding on Sooba's back. They entered the mountain, and discovered the gnome city of Mechastone. At first, they battled the city guards, but Cale'anon managed to negotiate a peaceful solution, having them enter the Mechastone Defense Force and help the gnomes kill their enemy, Lord Stoll, and in return the information on the whereabouts of the Sword of Truth. Sooba would not appear for a little while, until the final battle between the Mechastone Defense Force and the troll army where Richard summoned her her with the Fork of Truth, to battle the troll shamans. The battle was won, and the group was given what they were promised.
- You think you know me.You think you know what I am. What I am capable of. You know nothing. I am grace. I am beauty. I am death. I am the hunter. You think you know me? You- (sees Richard) Bone, Bone, Bone, Bone
- (after killing a soldier Cale wasn't finished interrogating) Interrogations are hard.
- Sooba is one of a handful of characters to have a unique dialogue box, the others are Richard, Hctib Ettil, Tim, The Phares, The Keeper of the Way, and the Guardians of Eight.
- Sooba shares many similarities with Guenhwyvar, Drizzt's panther companion. However, unlike Guenhwyvar, Sooba is not a creature of magic as she has no trouble maiming a group of shamans who could not be harmed by any being of magic.
- Sooba, when summoned by name, is able to appear at the fray within seconds, whether or not she was anywhere in sight (even in a panoramic view of the battlefield) prior to being called. This is likely a reference to hunters summoning their pets in World of Warcraft (it should be noted that hunter pets in World of Warcraft phase into existence at the side of their master instead of physically moving themselves like Sooba does).